Newborn Baby Photos
The Joys of Capturing Newborn Baby Photos
Handy Tips in Taking Baby Photos
What makes newborn baby photos so special and rewarding? Taking photos of your newborn baby evokes memories – it highlights innocence and beauty as well as brings back family recollections.
Parents should take care to choose an expert photographer whose niche is in the field of newborn – baby photography. It is a mix of creativity, experience, technical skills and having sophisticated equipment that makes newborn photography come to life.
If you are an aspiring photographer, below are some tips.
- Timing is important and this is quite hard to achieve. In case you want to shoot, remember that newborns loose the “baby image” within 14 days after birth. So, the best time for newborn photography is during the first 14 days of birth. It is also advisable to shoot while your angel is sleeping.
- When you are starting out, stay away from too many concept shots. Ideally, there should only be three poses. Get some good ideas from photography websites on the internet. Likewise, learn the basic techniques required for newborn photographs during the post-production stage.
- The one important aspect that you need to know about newborn – baby photography is to have exquisite lighting. See the effects if you throw open the curtains and blinds. Let the natural light come in so the room is transformed into a small studio. Nothing makes the room more beautiful than natural brightness.
- Another factor to keep in mind is that newborn babies do not and cannot fake their positions during newborn photography. All that babies will do is sleep during your photo session. The photographer has to be patient to wait and adjust according to the infant’s timetable such as feeding, etc.
If you want to be a newborn photographer, patience will always be the key. Newborn photography is really dependent on the baby’s mood and sleeping habits. Yes, these things cannot be predicted but your resourcefulness will bail you out of tight situations.
The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Newborn / Baby Photographer
There is no bigger joy in life than having a baby. Parents want to spend all their time they can with the babies and often they take pictures to capture those moments. Few decades ago we only had film cameras to take photos, now we have cell phones, tablet computers and lots of other gadgets that can be used for taking photos. Having this in mind, someone might ask – why do we need professional baby photographer to take pictures of our newborns when we can do it ourselves?
It is a legitimate question but there are few reasons and benefits of hiring a professional newborn / baby photographer even if you have some experience with photography yourself.
- The most important reason is to understand the baby poses and limitations of a newborn when it comes to adapting to the pose. We have over 10 years of experience in this regard. Our studio in South Delhi is also filled with newborn props and sets, items like a newborn bed, a moon, nest, etc. Parents always cherish pictures taken in our custom sets.
- Baby photography is an art that requires immense patience and skill. These are traits our team brings to the table and we have several years’ experience in this field.
The physical appearance of newborns changes incredibly fast within the first 45 days. That’s one of the reasons that make newborn baby portraits so special. A picture of newborn baby when they are two weeks old is something that will always bring good memories. These are the memories you will cherish for a lifetime.
Having a new member of your family is one of the most beautiful things in life and you should hold that moment forever by hiring a professional photographer.
Our newborn and baby photography packages are listed on our website. Our premium and exclusive newborn photography packages also include professional family portraits.
When to book your baby photography session
It takes a lot of energy and time in the first two weeks or even the first two months after the baby is born. There is always something that keeps the parents preoccupied. One thing is for sure, taking photos will be the last thing on your to-do list. Knowing how important photography is, once again hire a photographer that can ease this job for you. We always recommend hiring the professional baby photographer during the pregnancy period because when the baby arrives, every aspect of the photo shoot should have been pre-planned and finalised. We create custom sets and props for our newborn clients. Feel free to stop by our studio in South Delhi to get a flavour of our offering, sets, props, and products.
We believe we are the best newborn / baby photographer in Delhi & Gurgaon – we would love for you to visit our studio and see for yourself why we believe in this. Contact us for your baby photography session today!